Tuesday 14 August 2012

Bali in 20 Years



Bali is a beautiful island. But now Bali has many problems such as traffic jam, fraud, and especially garbage everywhere.
About 30 years ago, Bali was very clean, no plastic at all. Even the paper hard to find. People wrap food in leaves. I know this is all from my mother, November 1982 my mother for the first time arrived in Bali. At that time, Bali was still primitive. Beaches clean and beautiful, then, there are no tourists in Bali. Can you imagine, a beautiful beach with white sand, blue sea and clean, coconut trees everywhere, and no one on the beach. Beautiful is not it?
Well, now we may not be able to find a paradise like that. Now everywhere we can have is rubbish. Especially on the beach. Every time I go to the beach, there's rubbish. It makes me sick. I have a friend, she is Balinese, she is one of my best friend. She always littering, even in her own home. She ate something and then dumped the trash everywhere. I always bring it up, but She still did not understand. When near her home flooded, She complained. Though the flood was because She throw garbage in the gutter. I have always teach her to throw rubbis at the right place. 

I think in 20 years, the island of Bali will be the island of rubbish. Now we can find rubbish everywhere, especially in the future, we may not be able to see the beach because the sand is covered by a pile of rubbish. Maybe we can not see the beauty of the sea again, but the sea of garbage.
So from now on we have to protect the environment and not littering. 




2 comments: