Sunday 3 August 2014

I saw London in 4 Nights!

Hello Everyone!
Long time no post! Hehee~ 

I'm going to tell you about my holiday!
I wanted to write this since I'm back from London, but didn't get the time.
Hope I still can tell everything in a chronological way.

Let's begin!

DAY 1:
I went from Switzerland to London at 8th of July 2014 morning with Swiss Air.
Arrive in London City Airport. 
We (I went with my mum) had two travel cards for zone 1 and 2. With those cards you can use tube and bus so much you want for one week in zone 1 and 2. Because the airport was in zone 3, we bought ticket at the station (next to airport exit) to Canning town (first station in zone 2).

(Tube tickets and  a free London Planner)


There we change the tube line, from DRL to Jubilee line. From Canning town to Baker street, where we change the line again. We took the brown line, Bakerloo line. Around the 3rd station was our destination, Paddington. Paddington is where our hotel was, Olimpic House hotel. Outside Paddington station we ask someone which direction. The hotel was very close to the tube station (I know this before we went to London,thats why we choose this hotel, and its in the central of London). We walk to the hotel and chek in. 
The day before I already make an apointment with my friend who lives in London. (Last year we weet on a cosplay event in Bali, I tought she was half Japanesse, but actually she's Chinesse-Indonesian). Her name is Sylvia and is 25 year old. I told her to meet in McDonalds in front of Paddington Sation because it's near from my hotel and she said her boyfriend live in the near.

(The view from McDonald's, rained)


We meet them (Sylvia and her boyfriend, Faisal) around 4 pm and walk around in Hydepark (Our hotel was near Hydepark). Faisal explained much about London, we we're glad to meet them. We walk through a bridge, Faisal said the view of sunset and sunrise are beautifull from that bridge, but it is a rare chance (Sylvia never saw sunser nor sunrise there).

(View from the bridge, there were a group of geese)

We went to Serpentine Gallery (Maybe... I forgot, but it was in Hyde park) and Faisal enjoyed the live art by Marina Abramovic. They did strange things, I didn't really join them (Only looking around) but it was really cool (What I get is about silence and humans are art...). Then we walk to the Round Pond in front of Kensington Palace. We saw a grup of guys who're waiting for their ball on the pond's water and trying to get the ball with a stick.

(Can you see the Kensington Palace?) 

(Swan on the round pond)

Then we keep walking till the street, not far away is a big super market. This shop sells many things and health food named Whole Foods Market where Faisal works. We look around in this shop, it was much bigger than super markets in Switzerland, but me and my mum didn't need anything. Then Faisal bought drinks for us. He was very nice and somehow wanted to thank him, but don't know what should I give. Maybe next time when we meet him again, I'll give something. Let's continue! Then we took the bus and went to Natural History Museum, but sadly, it's already closed... We are too late. But It's OK. We can go there the next day or the day next to tomorrow (?) hahahaha!.

(The Natural History Museum)

Next to it, was the Science Museum but again, it's closed. Maybe they fell bad for us, but it's okey, we love to walk. (But then I noticed Sylvia's wearing high heels!).

(Selfie with Sylvia in front of Science Museum)

Then we went with a tube to Buckingham Palace(Around 7 pm). Luckily, the guards were changing. We saw how they walk, but it wasn't they one with red uniforms, but black (Wearing white helmet and looking like the police).


(Buckingham Palace) 

(Street in front the palace, look at the flags!)

(Sylvia show me the Big Ben from here, Can you see it? In the photo... not really, Hahahaa!)

(The guards inside the palace)

(Buckingham Palace from near)


Btw, When we went out of the tube station in Green Park (Where Buckingham Palace is) it started to rain, but not heavy rain.  Then, we (me and my mom) felt tired and don't want to take their time too long. So, we decided to go back to the hotel. We walk through Green Park. Btw, Sylvia and Faisal said (It was when we were in Hyde Park and saw a squirrel) the birds and squirrel are pretty benign and people can feed them with bread or other food.

(Sylvia and Faisal in Green Park)


Then we took the tube and went back to hotel. We took shower and went out for dinner. We went to a Lebanese restaurant. I had something with Lamb and my mom something with chicken. (I really want to tell the prices of food, souvenirs, entry fee, etc. But I really can't remember the prices....).

(My lamb)

Then we went to a pub next to it (Is it really that night? I think so, we almost went to that pub every night... or it was every night, I can't really remember).

(The pub) 

(View from the pub)



DAY 2:
...... Will be continued.... 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Marisa, what an adventure! Hope everything is going well for you.....keep writing and having fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mr. Mark! Sorry for the late reply.
      London was fun :)
      I haven't wrote all about it (didn't got the time to write it and now i forgot all the details), but I will continue writing this post when I have more time.

      Delete