Wednesday 10 October 2012

Social Media?

We will talking about social media, this is what will we discuss:
Does social media help or hinder people connections?
Are social media make us away from offline friends and connections?
Is it cool to have 500 friends on Facebook? Or is it better to have more meaningful, face to face connections?



I think social media can help people connections. If we can't meet someone face to face, we can use social media for communication. I have a friend in Swiss, she is younger than me and her parents forbidden her to use Facebook, Twitter, Myspace, ect. So we use an online game named Stardoll, its like a social media because we can leave public message, personal message and directly chat. Stardoll is actually for kids, but there is many teens, they don't play the game, they just use it for chatting if they don't have Facebook, Twitter, etc.
Social media is very usefull. But for some people its not good, they will be spacing out and think they don't need friends in real life, they think chatting friends who they never meet is more fun.
But for some people like me, its good. Usually I'm silent dan don't like to speak much, I speak only what usefull or what I need. In social media, I usually write much, if I bored, I write some useless words. But I use social media for communicate with people too. I have many social media, I have Twitter, My space, Instagram, Streamzoo, etc. But I usually use my Twitter account.

I think its not really cool to have 500 friends on Facebook, because we don't know these people in real life. 500 friends on Facebook is usually only for fun. Like me, I'm following over 1000 people in Twitter and have 400 followers, but I dont really know all of them. It's just for fun, maybe its like a competition. In Twitter, I have real friends and I usually chat with them. Sometime its good to have many friends on social media, because if we feel lonely and there is nobody near us, we just can chat with someone on social media.
But its better if we meet someone face to face, its more meaningful, we know with who we speak.



No comments:

Post a Comment